History of the Campbellstown Church
The church was organized April 4, 1899 with thirty-four charter members. They met in the schoolhouse located on the site of our present Township House. The church was erected the same year at a cost of $2,000.00. November 12 the new building was dedicated with about 600 people attending. It was first known as the Campbellstown Christian Church. In 1900 a pastor was hired to preach semi-monthly for $250.00
On November 12, 1917 a full time pastor was employed for $1,000 with parsonage furnished. In 1919 the parsonage was erected. The two-story Pamona Plan was a kit and ordered from Sears Robuck Co for nearly $3000.00.
Sunday School rooms and the enlargement of the basement took place at a cost of $4,139.15 in the year 1925.
In the year 1931 it became the Congregational Christian Church.
1934-1963 it was "yoked" with the Concord church sharing a pastor every other Sunday as well as providing the parsonage.
1961 brought the union into the United Church of Christ.
Organ purchased in 1963.
Sanctuary and hallway repainted in 1991 and new carpeting, pews upholstered in 1992.
Air conditioning and new furnace put in.
Lift (elevator) and entry to the church added in 2003.
Bathrooms made handicap accessible and south side of basement remodeled in 2009.
Summer 2013 - north side of basement remodeled. Come and see it!
The purpose of this church shall be to worship God, to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ, to celebrate the Sacraments, and to teach the word of God; to realize Christian fellowship and unity within this church and the Church Universal: to render loving service toward mankind; and to strive for righteousness, justice, and peace.